FORUMS: list search recent posts

Motion 720p output through KonaLHe won't anamorph

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bob Flood
Motion 720p output through KonaLHe won't anamorph
on May 13, 2009 at 8:28:15 pm

Hi

I searched through all the threads, and the user guide, and i cant find an answer, so hence my query

Using FCP 5.1.4 with a Kona LHe on Intel dual dual 2.66.
I have a 720p 59.94 timeline. LHe is output @720p to a big screen analog component, which plays all the material in fcp just fine.

HOWEVER

when i either open a clip or send a clip to Motion, it displays on my big screen pillarboxed and squeezed. I changed the LHe output settings to Letterbox, and the video unsqueezes, but has blacka all around it, as if in stead of unsqueezing out to the sides, it squeezes top and bottom.

If i cahnge the Motion Project settings to other formats, i still get varied but incorrect results ie 525 unsqueezes, but cuts off the edges.

1080 unsqueezes, but makes it small

once i save and return to fcp, it looks fine

does anyone els have these problems?

thanx

I am using motion to do a lot of graphics, and it would be nice to see a true aspect image as i am working.

"I like video because its so fast!"

Bob Flood
Greer & Associates, Inc.

Return to posts index

Arnie Schlissel
Re: Motion 720p output through KonaLHe won't anamorph
on May 14, 2009 at 1:13:45 am

I have seen this same problem with DVCPro HD footage. But wait, there's more! When you render, your comp will be horribly aliased!

My solution (and I had exactly the same problem & solution in Shake, btw) was to switch the Motion comp to 1280x720 square pixels. Poof! Problem all gone!

When you render, simply render out the comp in the native codec & pixel dimension to match your FCP timeline.

Arnie

Post production is not an afterthought!
http://www.arniepix.com/

Return to posts index

Bob Flood
Re: Motion 720p output through KonaLHe won't anamorph
on May 14, 2009 at 1:40:08 pm

thanx arnie

"I like video because its so fast!"

Bob Flood
Greer & Associates, Inc.

Return to posts index