FORUMS: list search recent posts

Very Slow Exports with Motion 2

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chuck Purnell
Very Slow Exports with Motion 2
on May 11, 2009 at 2:08:36 am

I do have Motion 3 on my desktop but I still have Motion 2 on my Macbook Pro and that is what I am using to work on a current project. Anyway, I created a 30 second animated graphic today and I have spent every bit of the last 6 hours trying to export this thing! I cannot believe it is taking this long!

I have resorted to selecting IN and OUT points in the timeline and trying to export this thing in sections then I will piece it together later in FCP.

I have no other software running when I have Motion open. My RAM is maxed out...I am not sure why a 30 second project is taking this long! Not to mention Motion has locked up on me 3 times now while it was in the process of exporting!

I am guessing that I cannot send my project from Motion to FCP and render it out over there right? This has been a major setback for me today.

I was able to export the first 12 seconds but even that took like a good hour to export. I turned off some of the behaviors that would animate certain things on the screen hoping that would speed things up but I am not noticing a whole heck of a difference.

Cre8tive Minds Entertainment, LLC

Return to posts index

Arnie Schlissel
Re: Very Slow Exports with Motion 2
on May 11, 2009 at 2:47:58 am

Whenever you have problems like this, you should export an image sequence rather than a Quicktime.

That way, if it crashes you can resume the render from the last frame, rather than having to re-render an entire movie, or render the movie out in pieces.

Once you've exported the whole piece you can open the image sequence up in QT as a movie and export it in the codec of your choice.

Arnie

Post production is not an afterthought!
http://www.arniepix.com/

Return to posts index

Chuck Purnell
on May 11, 2009 at 6:27:18 pm

I tried that but it made 1,046 SGI files on computer. I opened up QT Pro and all those files were all over my screen to the point I had to force quit QT. This is really annoying because I have done a bunch of projects with Motion in the past and have never experienced this much frustration with trying to export a 30 second animated project!

Cre8tive Minds Entertainment, LLC

Return to posts index

Andrew Tan
on Oct 17, 2011 at 12:58:57 am

That's good thinking, I was looking for answers to similar questions, very much appreciated!

How soon is now?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]