FORUMS: list search recent posts

how to copy & paste multiple key frames in motion

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Amy Daws
how to copy & paste multiple key frames in motion
on May 8, 2009 at 2:21:55 pm

Hi All,
So I'm working in Motion & I've imported a layered photoshop document...I needed to do this b/c I have over 40 layers of cut out cabinet hardware pieces. Generally I save PS images into .tga and then bring them in to Motion....but I didn't want to do that over 40 times.

Now I've placed a number of keyframes on 1 hardware piece layer & I would like to copy & paste all those keyframes (from X, Y, Rotation, and Scale X & Y coordinates) onto all my other hardware piece layers.

So far, it seems I can ONLY copy & past from 1 coordinate at a time, example...X axis. Then I have to go back and do the Y axis, then rotation, etc, etc.

There's got to be a way around this! I'm working in Motion 2.

Any help is greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
Amy Daws
Commercial Producer

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
Re: how to copy & paste multiple key frames in motion
on May 8, 2009 at 2:59:03 pm

Open up the layer with the keyframes in the keyframe editor. Copy all of the keyframes. Return to the Timeline. Select all of the layers by using the shift or command key while selecting all of the layers you want to paste the keyframes to. Then hit the Command and V keys to paste the keyframes.

Keep in mind it will paste the keyframes so the first keyframe starts where the playhead is at so be sure to move the playhead to where you want the first keyframe to start. Hope this helps.

Stephen Smith
Lone Peak Productions

Check out my DVD Money Making Graphics & Effects for Final Cut Studio 2

Return to posts index

Amy Daws
on May 8, 2009 at 2:55:04 pm

That doesn't work. Paste isn't even an option at that point.....????? :( It just bongs at me. I right click to paste & it's grayed out.

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on May 8, 2009 at 3:15:18 pm

Trust me, it works. I've done it a lot. The bong sound means nothing was copied. Try selecting all of the keyframes in the keyframe editor again and then hit the command and c keys. Hope this helps.

Stephen Smith
Lone Peak Productions

Return to posts index

Amy Daws
on May 8, 2009 at 3:10:01 pm

I kid you not my friend, it doesn't work. Maybe it's b/c I'm working in the older Motion 2 version? I appreciate you trying to help me & man do I wish that worked! But the only way I can get any keyframes to paste is by copying 1 row of keyframes at a time in the keyframe editor...then selecting the layer i want to paste them in...going back to the keyframe editor and pasting. Then I get some action. Otherwise, it's a no go...??? I'm stumped.

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on May 9, 2009 at 12:43:34 am

Humm, not sure. I no longer have Motion 2 loaded up so I can't see if that is some new function of Motion 3. Hopefully someone else with Motion 2 will see if it works on their machine. Sorry. Best of luck.

Stephen Smith
Lone Peak Productions

Return to posts index

Arnie Schlissel
on May 9, 2009 at 3:06:26 am

[Amy Daws] "Now I've placed a number of keyframes on 1 hardware piece layer & I would like to copy & paste all those keyframes (from X, Y, Rotation, and Scale X & Y coordinates) onto all my other hardware piece layers. "

Why? If you have 40 objects that are going to do the same thing, you should place them all in one layer & keyframe that layer. It will apply to all the items inside that layer. You can then make additional keyframes on individual items inside that layer.

Arnie

Post production is not an afterthought!
http://www.arniepix.com/

Return to posts index

isel Martinez
on Oct 29, 2014 at 1:33:54 am

5 years later... you must copy the keyframess and then make a new keyframe in order to paste them..

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]