FORUMS: list search recent posts

moving exploding text off-screen

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jim Tobin
moving exploding text off-screen
on May 4, 2009 at 8:37:02 pm

I know I'm missing some basic understanding in Motion, so feel free to set me straight, politely!

If you create a new project, insert some text, hit the record button, advance the play head, then drag the text off-screen, you can play this and it works fine. But then add the behavior "Text - Miscellaneous --> Exploding Text" and now the text sits where you inserted it and does its "explode" there. Sure, I could render out the exploding text and then just move the movie off-screen, but that seems unlike Motion!

Since I've tried to do this with explosions before as the camera tracked motion, I think it's time I sought your counsel!

Return to posts index

Pedro de la Fuente
Re: moving exploding text off-screen
on May 5, 2009 at 2:38:18 am

One easy way you could achieve what you are looking for is to add a camera layer (allow your comp to be 3d when the question arises), and then use the behavior Dolly under Camera (on the behaviors tab) and then move your camera to the side taking your text off screen.

Return to posts index

Jim Tobin
Re: moving exploding text off-screen
on May 6, 2009 at 4:49:51 pm

Thanks for the response! In the actual composition I'm working on, I'm already in 3D and the element that is exploding is one of many things happening, so I can't move the camera just for this text element. In my previous work with the explosion and smoke, I was motion tracking already, and so the static nature of the smoke that follows the explosion needed to motion track as well.

What is the white bounding box doing that I can't move what's inside it? I tried moving the layer, I tried moving the text element within the layer... nothing seemed to cause what I would have considered the anchor point for the text to gravitate towards to actually move.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]