FORUMS: list search recent posts

lower thirds - change font size in all

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joan Keenan
lower thirds - change font size in all
on May 2, 2009 at 5:09:32 pm

New to this list and to Motion. I'm using FCS2 and created a master template in Motion. I was able to access it in FCP and applied it to over 30 interview clips. Now I want to change the font size in the master so it applies to all the lower thirds. I downloaded the manual and it seems to say that font changes in the master apply to all, but when I made changes it screwed up all of them! by adding the default "veteran's name" on top of the name I had entered and moving the second line to a different position.
I am wondering how to save it when I open it and make the changes in Motion, since it opens and untitled file.....I suspect this is where I am going wrong.
Thanks for any help,

Joan Keenan
St. Croix

Return to posts index

david bogie
Re: lower thirds - change font size in all
on May 4, 2009 at 6:17:25 pm

Forget the shortcuts; more trouble than they're worth. Just get down and make all of the changes, one at a time. You can format a Word document and copy-paste to save tons of time but even that can be more trouble than the time saved is worth.

However, you want the formatting changes to be approved BEFORE you have to make them all yet again.

There are guidelines for text on screen: glyph size, shadows, colors, outlines. Which standards you need to apply depend on your release media and proposed viewing distances.

bogiesan

Return to posts index

Joan Keenan
Re: lower thirds - change font size in all
on May 7, 2009 at 8:02:37 pm

OK, followed your advice since I got no other responses. Just seems like you should be able to change the template font size from what I read.
Thanks
Joan

Joan Keenan
St. Croix

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]