FORUMS: list search recent posts

Markers into Motion from FCP

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Philip Hood
Markers into Motion from FCP
on May 1, 2009 at 10:45:35 pm

I've got a question about getting a segment of audio with markers into Motion from FCP. In Final Cut I've got a segment with music & video, in that segment is about 30 seconds of audio where I've added markers to the audio track to match the beat. I want to pull that audio into Motion with those markers intact so I can redo all the video in that 30 seconds. Getting those audio markers over is my main goal, I don't want to have to re-create them.

I can get the 30 seconds into Motion, but either the markers aren't making it or I'm not sure how to see them within Motion. I've gotten my segment over by setting a in & out point on the timeline in Final Cut & both exporting a QT movie with all markers included on the save screen and by using File>Send To>Motion Project. When I export a QT mov I get the whole project, but when I use Send To I only seem to get one clip. It's entirely possible this is due soley to operator error. Regardless of how it's moved I'm not seeing the markers.

I don't know if this makes a difference but the section I'm trying to move is audio with the video made up of make freeze frame clips. I plan on replacing those video elements with .tiff files in Motion.

So I am getting the clip into Motion wrong, or do I just not know where to see the markers within Motion?

Return to posts index

David Grant
Re: Markers into Motion from FCP
on Oct 16, 2009 at 12:30:43 pm

Im trying to do the same thing with no luck, it should be a standard

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]