FORUMS: list search recent posts

Fade in gradually

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Clara Gordon
Fade in gradually
on May 1, 2009 at 12:15:53 pm

Hi!
I'm trying to do something which I'm sure that is really easy, but I can't find how to do it!
What I want is to fade in an object, but I want it to fade in gradually in parts. For example, first, fade in the top of the object, later the middle, and last the bottom of the object. The perfect would be to do it not by parts, but total gradually (as if there was water which expands gradually... I don't know if I'm explaining it good...).

Thanks!!

Judy

Return to posts index

Jason Diebler
Re: Fade in gradually
on May 1, 2009 at 1:47:14 pm

I think you explained it well... you should try to reveal through keyframed "cropping and edge feather", or a "mask move with feathering".

Return to posts index

Winston A. Cely
on May 2, 2009 at 4:10:12 pm

If I were going to do this, I would have my base image, and apply 3 mattes to it; one for the top, one for the middle, and one for the bottom. Then apply the Fade In/Out to each matte. You'll need to adjust the length of each matte depending on if you want to reveal what's on the bottom layer, or cover it up.

Winston A. Cely
Editor/Owner | Della St. Media, LLC

Mac Pro 3GHz Dual-Core Intel Xeon
4 GB RAM | Final Cut Studio 5.1.4 | Aja Kona LHe

"If you can talk brilliantly enough about a subject, you can create the consoling allusion it has been mastered." - Stanley Kubrick

Return to posts index

Clara Gordon
on May 3, 2009 at 9:27:52 pm

Thanks!!

Return to posts index

Clara Gordon
on May 6, 2009 at 9:04:41 am

Hi!
I've "discovered" another way of doing it: to add an image mask which has a paint stroke inside, and the paint stroke covers all the object, and has also the behavior "Write on" :))

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]