FORUMS: list search recent posts

Analyze Motion behavior

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Leanne Belgiorno
Analyze Motion behavior
on Apr 29, 2009 at 12:08:10 am

how do i manually move the keyframes while analyzing the motion of something? i forget and it is not doing a very good job analyzing the motion of my object because there are things in the way.

-Leanne

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
Re: Analyze Motion behavior
on Apr 29, 2009 at 3:40:03 pm

To offset (move) the onscreen tracker control to an unobstructed area of the image:
1 Go to the frame where you want to begin the offset track.
When a track is lost during an analysis, Motion automatically jumps back to the frame at which the track failed. The “bad” track point is identified by an “x” in the Canvas. You can use the bad track point, or use any point prior to the failed track frame, to move the tracker and select a new reference feature. In the Canvas, the track point at the current playhead position is emphasized.

2 Turn on the Offset Track button in the HUD or Behaviors tab of the Inspector.

3 Drag the tracker to a new position in the Canvas.

4 Click Analyze to restart the motion analysis. Motion continues to keyframe the trajectory of the original track point, based on the movement of the new offset reference pattern.

Note: When you use Offset Track, make sure that the new reference pattern is as close
to the original tracking feature as possible. Ideally, the offset feature should share the
same motion as the originally tracked feature and appear on the same subject.

Stephen Smith
Salt Lake Video

Check out my DVD Money Making Graphics & Effects for Final Cut Studio 2

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]