FORUMS: list search recent posts

Making An Interactive MIDI Piano Keyboard Graphic/Animation

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ben Ihloff
Making An Interactive MIDI Piano Keyboard Graphic/Animation
on Apr 21, 2009 at 9:23:19 pm

You know how Garageband has the little keyboard that lights up the keys when you play the corresponding notes? (lights them up blue I think)

I want to create a keyboard that does essentially the same thing, but that I can use in HD video editing. I would prefer this to be in vector format so that I can zoom in (fullscreen HD) on particular areas of the keyboard being used without losing quality. I thought about just shooting the keyboard on garageband, but I know that's going to look "pixelly" not to mention any copyright infringement that might incur.

What I'm working on is a series of music lessons and I want to show the notes being played. Is motion the way to go to accomplish this? Can it easily trigger 60 different keyboard keys (linking them to the appropriate graphic--lighting up the corresponding key)? Can it trigger multiple keys at once for chords? Will it be immediately responsive? Does anyone know of a royalty free version of what I'm talking about that's already been created that I could modify to my liking?

Thanks for any input on this,
Ben Ihloff

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]