FORUMS: list search recent posts

Text

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stephen Smith
Text
on Apr 21, 2009 at 2:35:02 pm

Maybe the subject should be complaint. Anyways. If you write your text in Microsoft's Word or get it from the client in a .Doc and copy the text and import it into Motion everything looks fine until you close out Motion and then re-open it. All of the Return spacing disappears and makes the paragraphs/words one long line of words. So if you pasted a bullet list, the bullets are no longer return spaced apart.
Any ways, for anyone who cares and is still reading this the work around is to paste the the text from Word into TextEdit. Then re-copy the text and then paste it into Motion. The the Return Spacing stays in Motion. Just thought I would throw that out there for any one who cares.

Stephen Smith
Salt Lake Video

Check out my DVD Money Making Graphics & Effects for Final Cut Studio 2

Return to posts index

david bogie
Re: Text
on Apr 21, 2009 at 4:28:22 pm

Thanks for the tip, I've wondered about that.
My solution was to simply slog through the text entry manually. But, now that I think about it, I'm not surprised at all that MS doesn't communicate with Apple's software. What if you save out of Word as .rft?

bogiesan

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Apr 21, 2009 at 4:33:44 pm

[david] What if you save out of Word as .rft?

Not sure, I've never thought about that. I'll give it a try. THANKS.

Stephen Smith
Salt Lake Video

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Apr 27, 2009 at 9:38:47 pm

Blast! (That is what Luke would say) Looks like Motion doesn't like Microsoft, even if it is an .rtf. I guess I copy into TextEdit until they become friends.

Stephen Smith
Salt Lake Video

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]