FORUMS: list search recent posts

loose 'mask' as footage leaves frame...

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Damian Smerdon
loose 'mask' as footage leaves frame...
on Apr 20, 2009 at 12:26:11 am

Firstly... Thanks Creative Cow, I access forums regularly to get around issues... brilliant. Thanks.

Now. I've put together a TVC totally using Motion (noramly use AFX for this sort of job, but thought it's time to learn Motion properly... im impressed).
I have images with 'ink reveals' over them using stencil luma, when these groups leave the edge of the frame, I seem to get the image without the 'luma mask' show up when I export. Does this make sense?

Any suggestions? Guess I could export the individual groups as movies with alpha and re import... but there are so many of them it is a hassle.

Cheers.
Damian
Senior Editor
Brand New Creative

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
Re: loose 'mask' as footage leaves frame...
on Apr 20, 2009 at 2:33:03 pm

Create a new group and move the clips into the new group or select the current group and hit F4 to open up the Group tab. Check the Fixed Resolution check box. The current group is probably smaller then your canvas size. Hope this helps.

Stephen Smith
Salt Lake Video

Check out my DVD Money Making Graphics & Effects for Final Cut Studio 2

Return to posts index

Damian Smerdon
on Apr 21, 2009 at 7:03:07 am

Thanks for that! I'll look into that when I have time... got around it other ways... as we often have to :-).

Guess we need to be not only creative visually but also creative in making these systems do what we need them to do.

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Apr 21, 2009 at 2:20:15 pm

I happy you got it worked out. I think your comment on "creative in making these systems do what we need them to do." is a very wise one.

Stephen Smith
Salt Lake Video

Check out my DVD Money Making Graphics & Effects for Final Cut Studio 2

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]