FORUMS: list search recent posts

Animated arrow on map

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Doug Eli
Animated arrow on map
on Apr 17, 2009 at 7:28:15 pm

I want to do the generic arrow from one country to another to go along with narration that says 'they left England for.....' I can do basic flat 2D boring arrows, but I'm stumped on how to get it to be a nice 3D looking arching arrow. Any tips?

Also...how do I map a photo to a shape? I have a person icon that I want to map a nations flag to. Right now I'm using a mask to do this, but that behaves strangely in that when I move the entire group the placement of the map on the person shifts. Might be best to go with Photoshop and make them all there then import them to Motion as PNG files. Regardless, I'd still like to know how to map images to shapes, text, etc in Motion. I used to be able to do this in Red very easily, but have not found the magic button in Motion yet.

FYI...I'm a Lynda.com subscriber so if there are any 'must see' movies there that will help I can view them.

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
Re: Animated arrow on map
on Apr 17, 2009 at 10:32:37 pm

[Doug] how do I map a photo to a shape?

If I understand the question correctly I would say, "Use an Image Mask". Here is a link to a tutorial that briefly talks about it, it is in the middle of the tutorial.

http://library.creativecow.net/articles/smith_stephen/motion_hologram.php

Hope this helps.

Stephen Smith
Salt Lake Video

Check out my DVD Money Making Graphics & Effects for Final Cut Studio 2

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]