FORUMS: list search recent posts

Anchor points

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
William Armistead
Anchor points
on Apr 16, 2009 at 12:55:07 pm

Hey there,

I'm trying to animate several images so that they pivot from their left side to face the screen. The problem I'm having is that I can't seem to get the anchor point moved to the correct position so that 90 degrees makes the image invisible. What I end up with looks more like 80 or 85 degrees.

Is there a way to move an anchor point so that it snaps to the edge of an object? I know it's easily done with text using left, right and center justification, just can't figure out how to do it with an imported image.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Les

Return to posts index

Jason Diebler
Re: Anchor points
on Apr 16, 2009 at 6:57:11 pm

I'm rendering in Motion as we speak so I can't test to see if I'm correct or not, but I think maybe if you hold the shift key while moving the anchor point, it might snap to edges/corners (is that right?). Please someone correct me...

Other thought, you could use a camera and sweep your image from -90 to 0. Might look cooler too.

Return to posts index

Jason Diebler
on Apr 17, 2009 at 12:01:33 pm

I was wrong the shift key doesn't snap like I thought... but when I rotated a shape to 90 it did disappear for me (worked for x and y)... are you using a camera? Make sure you're using 2D layers.

Sorry, I wasn't a help with the snapping - does anyone know how to snap anchor points to corners, edges??

Return to posts index

William Armistead
on Apr 17, 2009 at 2:19:22 pm

Well, I figured out that how far an object needs to rotate to be invisible changes based on its location in the frame. I wasn't able to use a camera because I'm tiling the image several times across the bottom half of the frame.

The other thing I did was use the spin behavior for each tile. Once I got one to work, the others were really fast to complete. Thanks for your help guys.

Les

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]