FORUMS: list search recent posts

simple question - word highlight

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
andy levine
simple question - word highlight
on Apr 8, 2009 at 6:17:53 pm

new motion user... how the heck do i highlight only 1 word in a line of text? i have a number of behaviors added to a line of text. i want at a certain point, timed with the VO, to highlight only 1 word in this line. this can't be as hard as it seems.

thanks.

-andy

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
Re: simple question - word highlight
on Apr 8, 2009 at 7:33:01 pm

This is probably not the answer you where looking for. I would separate the one word from the others so the behavior only effects the one word. Select the words layer in the Project pane or canvas, hit the command and D keys to duplicate the words layer and then adjust. Hopes this helps.

Stephen Smith
Salt Lake Video

Check out my DVD Money Making Graphics & Effects for Final Cut Studio 2

Return to posts index

david bogie
on Apr 8, 2009 at 9:36:07 pm

In the olden days of After Effects, text highlights usually just meant changing the color of one word. We did that with a matte behind the text. or we'd make a copy of the single word and place it exactly on top of the phrase on screen.
if you need to use glows or glints, you're going to follow Stephen's advice.

bogiesan

Return to posts index

andy levine
on Apr 8, 2009 at 11:34:46 pm

great guys, thanks.

i'm just having a little trouble lining the two text layers up since the original text (sentence) has some behaviors added and 'grows' and 'throws' ever so slightly differently over time from the copied text with just the one word. i guess i might just have to stop the action, glow/highlight the one word and be done with it. i am surprised there is no 'word' or 'selection' option for a behavior like a glow/highlight.

thanks again for your thoughts.

-andy

Return to posts index

david bogie
on Apr 9, 2009 at 4:46:18 pm

[andy levine] " i am surprised there is no 'word' or 'selection' option for a behavior like a glow/highlight. "

Write one.

Try duplicating your entire layer with all of your behaviors and stuff, and just mask out everything you don't want to show.

I'd approach this in After Effects by creating the highlight effects in a comp upstream of the movements. In Morion, create your stacked effects in the text group before adding your behaviors. If you can't do that because of the effects/moves you have created, you will need to redesign the concept to fit your capabilities or the capabilities of the software at your disposal.

bogiesan

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]