FORUMS: list search recent posts

Matching move to write on shape?

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lukas Pytlik
Matching move to write on shape?
on Mar 30, 2009 at 3:38:53 pm

Hey there! Is is possible to do some shape write on, lets say a draw path and then match the move of the path with camera?

Return to posts index

Jim Johnson
Re: Matching move to write on shape?
on Mar 30, 2009 at 4:58:46 pm

Howdy,

Sure, just animate your shape (create your write-on effect), then use the Match Move behavior to do the tracking and matchmoving. Keep in mind, though, that Motion's tracker is 2D, so if you need a 3D matchmove, you'll need to use PFHoe or SynthEyes to do the tracking, both of which can export the 3D track to Motion.

Return to posts index

Lukas Pytlik
on Mar 30, 2009 at 6:22:17 pm

Thanks, thats the way i was trying to do it. But the fact is that the camera didn't follow my path. It just stayed in one place. I was thinking about some backdoor solution, i mean putting some object in front of the shape and, analyze its move and then match but but it seems way 2 complicated.
Any ideas what can be the problem?

Return to posts index

Jim Johnson
on Mar 31, 2009 at 7:05:37 pm

Howdy,

In a 2D matchmove, the camera doesn't move (there is no "camera", per se). Instead, you're matchmoving an object to the onscreen position of a tracking feature. With a 3D track, the tracker extrapolates the movement of the camera used to shoot the footage, and you end up with a camera (in Motion) that follows that real-world camera movement. As I said, to do a 3D track you'll need to use a third-party solver, like PFHoe or SynthEyes.

Can you describe, more clearly, what exactly you're trying to do?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]