FORUMS: list search recent posts

Timelapse in Motion

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andy Lawless
Timelapse in Motion
on Mar 28, 2009 at 12:13:41 am

Hello;

I'm working on an Apple G5 3.0gHz w/4 gigabytes of RAM. Using Motion 3, I'm trying to create a timelapse of clouds moving. I've got 400 photos shot on a Canon 40D which when I try and import as an image sequence causes Motion to crash. I know typically when I do this in After Effects I can select Import Multiple Files. Choose the 400 photos and check the JPEG Sequence option and the 400 photos import as a single image sequence. Does anyone know how to create a timelapse in Motion, or is Motion not typical of performing the same task After Effects handles effortlessly?

Thanks;

Andy

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Timelapse in Motion
on Mar 28, 2009 at 2:18:26 am

Do it in QuickTime Player- much more suited to this.

Noah

Check out my new RED Blog. Unlock the secrets of the DVX100, HVX200 and Apple Color.
Now featuring the Lens Adapter Guidebook, Sony EX1 Guidebook,
DVD Studio Pro and How to Light Interviews.
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

Winston A. Cely
on Mar 28, 2009 at 2:54:04 am

If you're using still images, then the resolution of the photos is probably way too high for Motion to handle it. I would use Photoshop to drop your images resolution from 300 to 72, but make sure you unclick "Resample Image." This way the pictures will maintain their quality, but the file size will drop within the region that Motion can handle. (Others here can probably explain it much better).

Winston A. Cely
Editor/Owner | Della St. Media, LLC

Mac Pro 3GHz Dual-Core Intel Xeon
4 GB RAM | Final Cut Studio 5.1.4 | Aja Kona LHe

"If you can talk brilliantly enough about a subject, you can create the consoling allusion it has been mastered." - Stanley Kubrick

Return to posts index

Andy Lawless
on Mar 28, 2009 at 4:17:45 pm

Hey Noah and Winston;

Thanks for the feedback. If I continue to have issues I'll try these options. Though, I found that if I navigate to the photos through the browser and select them Motion has a much easier time digesting the information as opposed to when I navigate to them through the File pulldown and select Import as I was doing. Timelapse works. Now I must learn Motion.

Thanks!

Andy

Return to posts index

Carsten Orlt
on Mar 30, 2009 at 5:33:31 am

I can confirm that using Motion to assemble your timelapse works just fine.
I never tried it the file import way but always choose the stills using the browser.
By the way I have the 40D too.
Much more than Ram and computer speed in Motion depends on the graphic card. I updated to the 3870 from the standard 2600 in my 2.8 MacPro and it made a huge difference as to the max resolution and playback performance. Not sure if you could use the 3870 in your machine?

Carsten

Return to posts index

david bogie
Re: Espresso, Andy?
on Mar 30, 2009 at 6:37:04 pm

Hi, Andy.
We should get together to talk FCP/Motion someday.

bogiesan

Return to posts index

Andy Lawless
Re: Espresso, Andy?
on Mar 30, 2009 at 7:48:50 pm

Hey David;

Espresso sounds good. I'll give you a ring later in the week.

Cheers!

Andy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]