FORUMS: list search recent posts

Using Motion Templates in Adobe Premier

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joshua Chadwick
Using Motion Templates in Adobe Premier
on Mar 19, 2009 at 10:47:30 pm

Hello I'm trying to put together a package of motion graphics for everyone in my cluster to use. The issue is that I have the whole Final Cut Studio 2 package and its easy for me to load in my templates in FCP but I need some kind of method to get these templates from Apple Motion to Adobe Premier and still have them able to have their user content changed.

Thanks in advance

Return to posts index

david bogie
Re: Using Motion Templates in Adobe Premier
on Mar 20, 2009 at 4:16:59 pm

Such naivete. No way. They live in different universes.
It's like asking if you can open Xcel files in FCP.

bogiesan

Return to posts index

Joshua Chadwick
on Mar 20, 2009 at 4:20:29 pm

thanks for the reply but could have done without the commentary.
Unprofessional demeanor gets you nowhere lad.

Return to posts index

david bogie
on Mar 23, 2009 at 2:07:23 pm

I get paid to be impatient around here.

bogiesan

Return to posts index

Colin McQuillan
on Mar 20, 2009 at 8:08:15 pm

The best you could do is leave transparent "windows" which the end user in Premier could insert clips underneath your overlay. This limits what you can do, and clip interactivity reduced to alpha overlay. Still, with a motion path on the alpha window, and on the clip that will be placed underneath, some interesting effects can still be achieved.

Colin McQuillan
Vancouver, B.C.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Mar 22, 2009 at 12:26:18 am

You could use portions of some templates- keeping the alphas intact and exporting certain layers as animation codec clips. But most of the cool stuff like the text effects is FCP-only. Helps to keep the competitive edge.

Noah

Check out My My FCP Blog and my new RED Blog. Unlock the secrets of the DVX100, HVX200 and Apple Color.
Now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook,
DVD Studio Pro and How to Light Interviews.
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

david bogie
on Mar 23, 2009 at 2:13:27 pm

the OP:
Hello I'm trying to put together a package of motion graphics for everyone in my cluster to use. The issue is that I have the whole Final Cut Studio 2 package and its easy for me to load in my templates in FCP but I need some kind of method to get these templates from Apple Motion to Adobe Premier and still have them able to have their user content changed.

Colin offers:
The best you could do is leave transparent "windows" which the end user in Premier could insert clips underneath your overlay. This limits what you can do,

and Noah offers:
You could use portions of some templates- keeping the alphas intact and exporting certain layers as animation codec clips. But most of the cool stuff like the text effects is FCP-only. Helps to keep the competitive edge.

So all we have offered is a suggestion to output a collection of pre-rendered clips that have holes in them? That's a hack but it DOES create a "package." Trouble is, any changes have to be made to the original Motion/FCP elements and then exported again. This method does not create "templates." I presumed, for shame, the OP already knew how to do stuff like that.

bogiesan

Return to posts index

Colin McQuillan
on Mar 24, 2009 at 3:13:39 am

[david bogie] "ut a collection of pre-rendered clips that have holes in them? That's a hack but it DOES create a "package." Trouble is, any changes have to be made to the original Motion/FCP elements and then exported again. This method does not create "templates." "

Creating overlays with transparencies and semi-transparencies that the end user (in Premier) can then insert whatever clips they desire underneath does create a template. As mentioned the functionality is limited, but none the less does offer the OP a viable solution (better than your offering, or lack there-of)

Better yet, If the Premier crew have AE on their box the Motion user could export each layer on its own, and then have those layer reassembled in AE. I have done the reverse with GFX packages built for AE that I have re-created from its layers in motion.

Colin McQuillan
Vancouver, B.C.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Mar 24, 2009 at 6:19:42 pm

You say package-atto I say template-ato... :)

-Noah

Check out My My FCP Blog and my new RED Blog. Unlock the secrets of the DVX100, HVX200 and Apple Color.
Now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook,
DVD Studio Pro and How to Light Interviews.
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]