FORUMS: list search recent posts

Light on a text path

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dave Montague
Light on a text path
on Mar 12, 2009 at 7:57:13 pm

I would like to paint light to text. Is it possible to have light follow text in Motion? Let's take the word "LIGHT". I would love to have it glowing and dancing in light. Are there some examples of this somewhere?

Thanks! You guys are great!

Return to posts index

david bogie
Re: Light on a text path
on Mar 12, 2009 at 8:34:30 pm

[Dave Montague] "I would like to paint light to text.

Do you mean you want to fill the text with a light?

[Dave Montague] Is it possible to have light follow text in Motion?

Do you mean you want the light to follow the text around while the text moves?

[Dave Montague] Let's take the word "LIGHT". I would love to have it glowing and dancing in light.

do you mean you want it to dance in a pool of light?

[Dave Montague] Are there some examples of this somewhere? "

If you find one, let me know. It will give some idea what you're talking about because I have clue what you're getting at. Then maybe I can help you.

bogiesan

Return to posts index

Dave Montague
on Mar 12, 2009 at 8:41:13 pm

Thanks for breaking that down for clarity. Let me see if I can be more clear.

Is there a way to import or create a path representing a word or shape? Like creating an outlined word in AI and importing it in as a text path and having light follow the path like you can do with a spline? Make sense?

Return to posts index

david bogie
on Mar 13, 2009 at 3:44:22 pm

[Dave Montague] "Is there a way to import or create a path representing a word or shape? Like creating an outlined word in AI and importing it in as a text path and having light follow the path like you can do with a spline? Make sense?"

Not yet. See the manual for importing paths from Illustrator. Once you have a path in Motion, you can assign it to be a motion path.

But you have yet to define "light" as an effect or an object. Creating a glint that appears along a path is a different operation than assigning a light object to follow a path that is the outline of a glyph. ONe reason you're confusing me is I cannot imagine what you're hoping to accomplish by having a light object follow a glyph. And if the glyph is a letter than has a counter, which path would you follow?

bogiesan

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]