FORUMS: list search recent posts

Motion Primatte RT Filter Issue

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jack Sewell
Motion Primatte RT Filter Issue
on Mar 9, 2009 at 4:58:59 pm

HI,

am having a problem with the Primatte RT keyer in Motion. For some reason, once you change the matte density to make the subject completely white (in the matte view mode) it won't allow me to adjust the noise removal to get rid of the unwanted pixels.

It just jitters back and forward in a really erratic fashion, whilst not allowing me to move the slider to where it needs to be in order to get the right keying. Rubbish!

Is this a graphics card issue? Do I need a better card? I have an ATY Radeon X1900.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

thanks.

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
Re: Motion Primatte RT Filter Issue
on Mar 9, 2009 at 5:57:01 pm

The two sliders can't overlap. Meaning... if the Matte Density is set to .30, then the Noise Removal can't go above .30. Hope this helps.

Stephen Smith
Salt Lake Video

Check out my DVD Money Making Graphics & Effects for Final Cut Studio 2

Return to posts index

Jack Sewell
on Mar 9, 2009 at 6:58:34 pm

that's smelly poo pants. Sometimes you need to overlap them to get the keying right! Can you recommend a really amazing-mega keyer plug-in please?

Got you DVD by the way. The stuff you do outside of the tutorials as well in the tutorials themselves gave me a lot of ideas! :)

Return to posts index

Peter Wiggins
on Mar 9, 2009 at 7:05:45 pm

http://www.dvgarage.com/prod/prod.php?prod=dvmatteb

It is rather excellent.
Demo version there too I think

Peter

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Mar 9, 2009 at 7:12:18 pm

[Jack] that's smelly poo pants.

I agree. The keyers that come with Motion are okay.

If you want an way awesome keyer check out Ultimatte. It comes with a heavy price tag though.

I personally find that the Chroma Keyer that comes in FCP works great. Export out the video as a Quicktime Movie - Animations set to Millions Colors +. Then bring it into Motion. However, none of my solutions help you out directly in Motion. I'm sure someone else will recommend some good keyers that work in Motion and have a free trial so you can check it out. Something like Primatte Keyer Pro 4.0. Hope this helps.

And by the way, thanks for the kind words. It makes my day.

Stephen Smith
Salt Lake Video

Check out my DVD Money Making Graphics & Effects for Final Cut Studio 2

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Mar 9, 2009 at 11:40:36 pm

Yeah the Primatte RT keyer in Motion is pretty far down the list of my preferred keying apps. I'd go DV Matte, Ultimate or Shake or AFX with Keylight first.

Noah

Check out My My FCP Blog and my new RED Blog. Unlock the secrets of the DVX100, HVX200 and Apple Color.
Now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook,
DVD Studio Pro and How to Light Interviews.
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

Jack Sewell
on Mar 10, 2009 at 9:48:38 am

Cool guys,

this has all been a really big help, thanks for the tips. I think I'll go for the DV matte first considering that it's the cheapest. Was thinking about getting Shake too now as it's a lot cheaper than it was, and I can do other things with it.

Nice one! :)

Return to posts index

Alden Brigham
on Mar 15, 2012 at 1:54:43 am

Jack,

Here it is 2012 and I'm having the same issue. Did you ever figure out why your sliders were stuck? The answer about having them at the same settings is irrelevant in my case. The numbers don't match, not even close, and I can't change the settings of the Matte Density &/or Noise Removal.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]