FORUMS: list search recent posts

Linking a graphic to camera moves

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mick Haensler
Linking a graphic to camera moves
on Feb 25, 2009 at 10:35:18 pm

There's got to be a way to do this easily. I have a piece I'm doing that has the camera flying around in 3d space to different pieces of video. Two of the pieces need the same logo on them in the same place, no problem...done. However, in the animation I want the camera to fly through one piece to the next piece but I want the logo to remain static through the animation. Perhaps linked to the camera. I have made a group with the camera and the logo but can't seem to get the logo to move with the camera. Any thoughts???

Mick Haensler
Higher Ground Media

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
Re: Linking a graphic to camera moves
on Feb 25, 2009 at 10:58:41 pm

If you make a layer or group 2D it wont be effected by the camera, so it will look like it is following the camera. Hope this helps.

Stephen Smith
Salt Lake Video

Check out my DVD Money Making Graphics & Effects for Final Cut Studio 2

Return to posts index

Mick Haensler
on Feb 25, 2009 at 11:02:22 pm

Someone should give you a medal Stephen. This is only my third time asking a question on this forum even though I have had many. But a quick search usually leads me to what I'm needing. Most of the time you've been the one answering. Thanks so much, I've learned a bunch just by reading your posts. I'll see if this works.

Mick Haensler
Higher Ground Media

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Feb 25, 2009 at 11:20:23 pm

Mick,
Thanks for the kind words...it makes my day. And if I do get a medal, I promise not to sell it to one of those late night infomercial "sell your gold for cash" companies. As you can see I've been up some late nights with a newborn that won't sleep, even with the boring stuff I'm watching. Once again, thanks for making my day.

Stephen Smith
Salt Lake Video

Return to posts index

Mick Haensler
on Feb 25, 2009 at 11:28:41 pm

Works like a charm. I've been banging my head against a wall for 4 hours trying to get this to work, Thanks so much. Your medal will be in the mail along with your award check tomorrow.

Mick Haensler
Higher Ground Media

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Feb 25, 2009 at 11:44:57 pm

Happy to hear. You may want to check out some of my free Motion tutorials. Once again, thanks for the kind words.

Stephen Smith
Salt Lake Video

Return to posts index

Jim Johnson
on Feb 26, 2009 at 8:39:23 pm

Howdy,

It's worth noting that only root-level 2D groups will ignore camera transforms. 2D groups nested inside 3D groups will obey the transforms.

Return to posts index

Mick Haensler
on Feb 27, 2009 at 1:30:33 pm

Duly noted Jim. Thanks for the input.

Mick Haensler
Higher Ground Media

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]