FORUMS: list search recent posts

Motion 3 Lock ups

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chuck Purnell
Motion 3 Lock ups
on Feb 25, 2009 at 12:08:20 am

I had Motion 3 running on my computer pretty much all day today and had no issues. I exported my project and it was still fine. I started on a new project and 5 minutes into working on it, Motion completely locked up on me. I got the spinning beach ball and had to force quit the application. I have enough RAM and disc space to run Motion although I could use more since its processor intensive. I'm using a 1st generation Powermac G5. I made sure all my other applications were shut down when working with Motion. Is there anything else I need to do or watch out for so it won't lock up on me. I usually save my project every couple minutes when working in FCP and I guess I will have to do that in Motion as well.

I did notice after a while it was getting sluggish when I was working on the first project but it never locked up on me.

Cre8tive Minds Entertainment, LLC

Return to posts index

david bogie
Re: Motion 3 Lock ups
on Feb 25, 2009 at 3:04:22 pm

No idea, Motion works or doesn't work for all of us for no apparent reasons. too many possible software and hardware conflicts to know. You can always clear the RAM cache (think it's under Mark--where no one would expect it to be).

I always shutdown and restart my Macintosh when I'm making big changes to Motion like finishing and closing one project and starting another one that I know will be big. It's tedious and silly and it doesn't always help. I can lock up Motion just by looking at it.

bogiesan

Return to posts index

Mick Haensler
Re: Motion 3 Lock ups
on Mar 1, 2009 at 3:34:19 am

[david bogie] " I can lock up Motion just by looking at it. "

Classic!!! Although I love this program, the instability is really irritating. You sir, have described my feelings to a tee. Thanks for providing me with a hardy guffaw....

Mick Haensler
Higher Ground Media

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]