FORUMS: list search recent posts

Clone disappears - how come??

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bill Thomas
Clone disappears - how come??
on Feb 18, 2009 at 10:36:57 pm

After creating a 3D move with a semi-transparent clone layer reflection (aka Apple), I put video in my Dropzone and it makes the Clone layer below it disappear. Well, actually not disappear, but it automatically reduces in size so that I have to enlarge it again to make it original size.

This might be OK in Motion, but when I make a template to use in FCP, it makes it look like the reflection is completely gone.

Am I missing some setting when I create this graphic??

Thanks all...

Bill

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
Re: Clone disappears - how come??
on Feb 18, 2009 at 11:07:20 pm

Some times when you create a Clone Layer in 3D space it will revert the clone layer position back to Zero. Make sure all of the position settings are the same and that is probably your problem. Hope this is the fix your looking for.

Stephen Smith
Salt Lake Video

Check out my DVD Money Making Graphics & Effects for Final Cut Studio 2

Return to posts index

Bill Thomas
on Feb 18, 2009 at 11:25:04 pm

It seems that if I start with a video clip or photo and make a Clone, then change to a drop zone, the clone will be OK.

But if I START OUT with a Drop zone and make a clone, then drag video into it, it crops the clone layer.

Doesn't matter whether it's 2d or 3d. Weird.

EDIT: OK, I figured out that for some reason the Clone layer of my drop zone had the Crop button selected. I just deselected that and now everything works fine. Weird again!

Thanks Stephen for your quick response! I really enjoy your tutorials!

Bill

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Feb 18, 2009 at 11:36:22 pm

I personally never use drop zones. I find that it is easier to turn a clip into a drop zone via hovering a new clip on the old until I get the hooked shaped arrow. Then it is not locked into an aspect ratio. Where as the Drop Zone will crop an image that is a different aspect ratio by default...you have to go into the Crop option in the properties tab to fix that...which as you said is a pain.

Stephen Smith
Salt Lake Video

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Feb 19, 2009 at 12:09:27 am

[Bill] Thanks Stephen for your quick response! I really enjoy your tutorials!

Thanks for the nice words. It makes my day.

Stephen Smith
Salt Lake Video

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]