FORUMS: list search recent posts

Rastery Graphics in FCP - FCP Forum suggested Motion

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Vincent Strader
Rastery Graphics in FCP - FCP Forum suggested Motion
on Feb 17, 2009 at 8:37:39 pm

I tried it in FCP, and one poster said that FCP was not good to attempt this in. I was told I can do this in MOTION to avoid the rastery effect on the graphic. I have a link to the video below , just a short test clip to show viewers what I mean.

I am pretty pressed for time, and when I typed in "Drag" in Motion Help, it turns up every page with the word drag on it.

If somebody could point me to the pages in the motion manual I would appreciate it, or if somebody could instruct me here (you might also help somebody else or a lurker) I would be extremely grateful.

I wanted to use a larger file than a JPG from an original .PDF file.

I dragged the .PDF file in the time line and it displayed perfectly when it was still.

But I had it slide across the screen to show a time line in the picture (.PDF) file. (it was following a green line along a road on the map).

I tried doing it one time with a Jpeg cropped down to 720x480 and it caused the image to lose a lot of detail needed to be seen in the video.

So I did what I said above with the original larger file, I key framed the image to move from left to right. And all the words on the map could be seen . . but they were really rastery and stroby.

What is a way (or format I could use) to avoid this?

Here's an example from the video from 2 spots (the only spots) it occurs.

There's an example, and the rastery is not because of youtube... that's how it behave while being played back.

I'll check out Motion, I've never used it for this purpose, but I'll see what I can do. Thanks again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RttdXE0KpAA&eurl=http://forums.creativecow.n...

Thanks for any info./assistance,
Vinnie

Return to posts index

Vincent Strader
Re: Rastery Graphics in FCP - FCP Forum suggested Motion
on Feb 17, 2009 at 8:40:19 pm

Budgets have been tight for upgrades in the media department. I'm still having to use Motion 1.0.1 by the way. We're about to update finally.

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Feb 17, 2009 at 10:08:11 pm

It's hard to tell, the sample video is low quality. It looks like you have an interlace problem. The lines on the top and bottom of the boxes disappear because they are only one or two lines big. In FCP use the Flicker Filter. I hope this is what you where asking about.

Stephen Smith
Salt Lake Video

Check out my DVD Money Making Graphics & Effects for Final Cut Studio 2

Return to posts index

Vincent Strader
on Feb 17, 2009 at 11:19:34 pm

Thanks Mr. Smith,
I tried the flicker filter and the de-interlace filter that fixes the problems in photoshop. But I still got the same rastery outcome.

I'm adding a behavior now in my motion project and trying to figure out how to key frame it in the same way I would on FCP. Just really rushed here and not a lot of time to sift through hundreds of pages in the manual or within the help function on the program. So far doing that I've found everything that you CAN do with motion, but no instructions HOW TO accomplish what I need :)

Thanks again for anything,
Vinnie

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Feb 17, 2009 at 11:32:32 pm

I don't have Motion 1 so you may not have these Behaviors. I would use the Throw or Move Behavior. For best control use the HUD (it has a different name in Motion 1) Hit F7. The Throw will work best for what you want.

Hit F1 to open up the Properties tab. To key frame the movement move the image and playhead to where you want it to start. Click on the Record Button to turn on the keyframe recording. Move the playhead to where you want the animation to end and move the position. There are a lot more ways to do it but this is the easiest to explain. Hope this helps.

Stephen Smith
Salt Lake Video

Return to posts index

Vincent Strader
on Feb 18, 2009 at 12:07:32 am

Thank you very much. You need to write an instruction manual filled with only "how to" instructions, without all the fluff that's in these manuals. That worked perfect for even 1.0.1.

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Feb 18, 2009 at 12:10:25 am

No problem. You might find this Motion tutorial I created helpful. Best of luck.

Stephen Smith
Salt Lake Video

Return to posts index

Vincent Strader
on Feb 18, 2009 at 12:17:35 am

Well it's still a littler rastery, but not as bad.

I used a PDF picture. I'm going to save the picture to a Targa, Tiff, and then PNG to experiment.

But you helped with the main thing I was asking about. Thanks a ton!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]