FORUMS: list search recent posts

Motion Templates

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chuck Purnell
Motion Templates
on Feb 10, 2009 at 2:45:06 pm

I just finished editing a wedding for a client and I used some templates in Motion throughout the piece. After was finished and burned the project to DVD, the templates I used in Motion didn't really "POP" for me when I watched it back on my external monitor. It almost looked low quality for some reason. It could be me just being critical of my work but even the background in the template looked grainy and pixelated in places. I used the Blue Satin (Wedding) template in Motion 2. The only thing I added was fonts and picture of the couple saying their vows. The picture even looked faded like it lost a couple generations of quality as well.

I am not sure why it came out that way but was wondering if anyone else experienced anything like that by using Motion. Before Motion I was using Livetype and I never noticed any issues with LT. Everything looked crystal clear and sharp but in Motion with this latest project those templates and the fonts I used didn't appear crystal clear and as sharp as I would have liked them to be.

Cre8tive Minds Entertainment, LLC

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
Re: Motion Templates
on Feb 10, 2009 at 4:29:22 pm

Are you saying it looked low quality before or after you burned the DVD?

Stephen Smith
Salt Lake Video

Check out my DVD Money Making Graphics & Effects for Final Cut Studio 2

Return to posts index

Chuck Purnell
on Feb 10, 2009 at 5:05:26 pm

It kinda looked low quality while it was still on the timeline but I figured once it rendered and I exported it out and dropped it into my FCP project and burned to a DVD it would be better quality but in my opinion it didn't look good after it was burned to a DVD. Like I said it could be me just being critical of my work or there could be an issue with my system too.

Cre8tive Minds Entertainment, LLC

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Feb 10, 2009 at 5:25:30 pm

Okay, I see what your saying. In the Project pane click on the "User Content" discloser triangle. Select the Rectangle Mask and then Open up the Properties tab. The Mask's Opacity is set to 67%. Raise it to 100 and it will look less faded. All of the Text elements are set to 67% opacity as well. As for the background elements those are pre-built and not much you can do about it. Adding a Gaussian Blur filter helps hide grain. Hope this helps.

Stephen Smith
Salt Lake Video

Check out my DVD Money Making Graphics & Effects for Final Cut Studio 2

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]