FORUMS: list search recent posts

Motion footage & transitions in FCP - is there a workaround?

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rogier Chardet
Motion footage & transitions in FCP - is there a workaround?
on Feb 8, 2009 at 7:25:07 am

I've found some posts in this forum on the matter, but it's not clear if some workaround exists... ?

I've imported Motion footage into FCP, meaning that most transitions (such as cross-dissolve) cannot be applied to clips anymore. When FCP footage is sent to Motion, the transitions don't make it. Trying to add them in FCP after Motion doesn't work either.

And I don't see such transition effects in Motion.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
Re: Motion footage & transitions in FCP - is there a workaround?
on Feb 9, 2009 at 9:08:32 pm

I'm assuming we are talking about adding these transitions to individual clips with in Motion. Sorry, you are not going to like my answer. If you want to add a fade in or out it is easy to add in motion by using the Fade In/Fade Out Behavior. If your using a transition like the Star Iris your right, there is nothing like that in Motion. What you have to do is bake it. Which means you take your clip and ad the transition. Export it out as a Quicktime Animation Millions Color +. (Don't render the transition) Re-place the new movie with the old. I hope more of the filters such as the "Chroma Keyer" will be made available in the next version of Motion. Sorry for the bad news and I hope this helps.

Stephen Smith
Salt Lake Video

Check out my DVD Money Making Graphics & Effects for Final Cut Studio 2

Return to posts index

Rogier Chardet
on Feb 9, 2009 at 9:47:14 pm

Had figured something like that. But in this particular case that presents a new range of issues. I've decided to create a more interesting transition in Motion and drop the cross dissolve altogether. Thanks.

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Feb 9, 2009 at 9:52:01 pm

Sorry, maybe in version 4. All in all it sounds like it worked out for the better.

Stephen Smith
Salt Lake Video

Check out my DVD Money Making Graphics & Effects for Final Cut Studio 2

Return to posts index

Rogier Chardet
on Feb 9, 2009 at 9:54:12 pm

yes it did, thanks.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]