I have discovered that you can animate the stroke but so far I have found no way to animate the stroke while it is pulling from the shape style menu.
Here is what I did.
1. created 2 full screen horizontal strokes
2. key framed the strokes using the first point offset option
3. played the animation ( it did what I was expecting )
4. choose the floral > Vine 3 from the shape style menu
5. I played the animation again and the animation was gone (keyframes disappeared from the keyframe editor)
I have tried to animate the plain default stroke and it will animated.
I have tried animating the styled stroke and it only worked for the write on. (would not allow it for the write off)
I have tried 2 other styled shapes and they do the same.
I have trashed prefs.
Is there a rule to this?
Is there a key combo that could have been pushed to disable this?
Why does the animation become void once I choose a shape style?
I have decided to scrap the wipe since it is taking longer to create it than it took to edit the piece. It is also due at 4pm eastern time. I will just pull something from my ETK pack.