FORUMS: list search recent posts

How can I make Motion 3 faster?

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Campbell
How can I make Motion 3 faster?
on Jan 19, 2009 at 10:22:28 pm

From what I understand Motion solely depends on the graphics card for real-time playback and renders. (1) Is this true? (2) How can I make Motion faster, from my Mac Pro specs below, its already pretty quick with a ATI Radeon X1900 XT with 512 vram? (3) To my knowledge Motion doesn't rely on help from either a Kona card or in my case the Black Magic Intensity Pro card. Is this correct?

When working in 3D, my machine gets a bit sluggish. Is the only way to deal with this by adding in a faster graphics card? What can I do to speed up the process?

Is it true that After Effects work on line with a Kona or BM card? And does this help releave stress on the processor and graphics card?

OS 10.5.5, Mac Pro 2 x 3 ghz quad-core intel xenon, 9 gb ram, with BM Intensity Pro card

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
Re: How can I make Motion 3 faster?
on Jan 19, 2009 at 11:43:39 pm

[Matt Campbell] "From what I understand Motion solely depends on the graphics card for real-time playback and renders. (1) Is this true?"

Mostly. The processors still play a part, but primarily it's the graphics card.

[Matt Campbell] "Is it true that After Effects work on line with a Kona or BM card? And does this help releave stress on the processor and graphics card?"

No. The Kona card allows me to view the projects on my external displays from AE but it does nothing to speed up AE. Only the processors and more RAM speed up AE.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Biscardi Creative Media
HD and SD Production for Broadcast and Independent Productions.

Read my Blog!

STOP STARING AND START GRADING WITH APPLE COLOR Apple Color Training DVD available now!

Return to posts index

Matt Campbell
Re: How can I make Motion 3 faster?
on Jan 20, 2009 at 2:37:58 pm

Thats what I thought. So upgrading my graphics card is really to only way to make Motion hum! Thanks for your help.

I've also received this link from my Apple post:

http://provideocoalition.com/index.php/smartin/story/getting_the_most_out_o...

OS 10.5.5, Mac Pro 2 x 3 ghz quad-core intel xenon, 9 gb ram, with BM Intensity Pro card

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]