FORUMS: list search recent posts

Motion fxplug creating text objects

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Hayden Young
Motion fxplug creating text objects
on Jan 19, 2009 at 1:13:37 am

how can i use fxplug to create a plugin that will create text objects?

right now i found an example that is a generator that renders text but doesn't create a text object

can i make it create a text object?
i have literally thousands of words i want to appear in a scene and surely we can all agree that doing it manually is a tedious process that should be easily automated...

or if anyone knows of a plugin that creates text objects (and has the source code) then that to would also be cool :)

Return to posts index

Peter Wiggins
Re: Motion fxplug creating text objects
on Jan 19, 2009 at 1:48:42 pm

What are you attempting to do? A bit more info might help

Peter

Return to posts index

Hayden Young
Re: Motion fxplug creating text objects
on Jan 19, 2009 at 8:04:04 pm

Hi Peter,
thanks for your reply

ok, i'll try give more detail

say i have 1000 words, and i want them to exist for a certain amount of frames.
during the time they exist they will animate (keyframe animation is sufficient).
at a certain frame the word's outline will change and then a behavior will activate on that word, and the character will individually vanish in a fancy way

what i want to do with FX plug is read in a text file that contains the words, their life span, and where/when they will animate. This part is easy, it's just basic Objective C stuff

specific to motion, i want the FX Plug to create a text object for each word that it reads with certain properties.
i want the user to be able to control the colour of the outline of the words. The problem is, is that each word will have a different style attached to them and as far as i can tell, you can select all text objects and mass modify their outline colour (that is, modify all the outline colours at once)
so i want to create the UI (easy) that will mass modify all the text object's outline colour
I also want to mass apply a behavior that will trigger at the unique frame that the word should "die"

so, in summary
i need the FX plug to:
- read in a text file (easy, i can do that already)
- create a text object that exists for a certain length of time, and animates transformation values
- keyframe the outline (information provided by the text file)
- change the colour of the outline of ALL words at once
- apply a behavior that will trigger at a certain unique frame (specified by the text file for a particular word)

is this possible in motion?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]