FORUMS: list search recent posts

Motion good for 2D Animation?

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Julie Jackson
Motion good for 2D Animation?
on Jan 18, 2009 at 3:53:34 pm

Hello there,

I have a 2D film that I want develope on my G-Mac at home. I have only animated with traditional methods; I do not know how to use industry software, and this is what has held me back. The following is what my Mac has:

A Cintiq
Motion - version 1
Flash version 7.2
Final Cut Pro HD 4.5
DVD Studio 3
After Efects 6.5
Photoshop Version 8
Art Rage 2.5

Can anyone please give me advice on the best route to take in getting started? I am thinking about taking a course tolearn some of this course, such as Motion, Flash especially.
Thanks!

Return to posts index

david bogie
Re: Motion good for 2D Animation?
on Jan 20, 2009 at 5:02:56 pm

Motion will work as a 2D animation tool.
That's the answer to your question. You must learn how to use Motion first before you can develop a 2D project because you do not understand how Motion's layers work.

Do you mean you have used cels and rostrum cameras? Using software is much more complicated because it gives you so much flexibility and experimentation latitude.

bogiesan

Return to posts index

Julie Jackson
on Jan 20, 2009 at 11:49:59 pm

Thanks for your response. I have used cels rostrum - and paper in the past; I have Motion 1 - never been used. I have a storyboard that I want developed into 2D A nimation.

I need tolearn Motion, reading it from a manual does not really work for me.

I am thinking of hiring someone to teach me. A college certificate is not necessary.

Return to posts index

david bogie
on Jan 21, 2009 at 7:32:28 pm

[Julie Jackson] "I am thinking of hiring someone to teach me. A college certificate is not necessary. "

go to amazon.com and search for MOTION. Order all of the Motion 3 books, should cast you about US$100-150. Pre-order the new one by Patrick sheffield.
You will need 20-40 hours of time alone, no interruptions, to complete the books.

visit http://www.applemotion.net/ and buy all of Mark Spencer's DVDs.

bogiesan

Return to posts index

Julie Jackson
on Jan 22, 2009 at 1:50:34 am

Thanks fo the link and your help; will check it out!

JJ

Return to posts index

David Fabbri
on Jan 22, 2009 at 5:37:44 am

http://www.lynda.com is a great online resource if you prefer to watch someone instead of reading a book. They have training videos on just about any software you could ever want to learn - especially creative software. Not always super deep for advanced users, but great for learning the general stuff you're looking for.

Return to posts index

Julie Jackson
on Jan 22, 2009 at 11:30:22 pm

Calledup lynda.com today. Looks like this is the route I will be taking.

Thank you a lot!

Return to posts index

David Fabbri
on Jan 23, 2009 at 4:34:40 pm

So glad to help. I've been a member for a couple years and have used it for everything from learning CSS to Final Cut to learning about Access databases. It really is a pretty amazing amount of information.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]