FORUMS: list search recent posts

import photoshop file

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
latisha Willis
import photoshop file
on Jan 16, 2009 at 8:03:25 pm

I'm trying to import a Photoshop file into Motion. I'd like to import the layers but when I drag and drop all layers onto the canvas it's to large to see the entire image. I don't have photoshop. I tried to resize the image using the ColorSync utility and I was able to bring the image in successfully but not the layers. Please help me get the individual layers into Motion.

Latisha

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: import photoshop file
on Jan 16, 2009 at 11:08:44 pm

Import as composition.

Noah

Check out My My FCP Blog and my new RED Blog. Unlock the secrets of the DVX100, HVX200 and Apple Color.
Now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook,
DVD Studio Pro and How to Light Interviews.
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Jan 17, 2009 at 12:47:00 am

latisha,
When you drag Photoshop files into Motion you need to hold the image on your Canvas, Timeline or Project Pane long enough to get a drop menu. Choose Import All Layers. Your Photoshop file will automatically scale to the Canvas size no matter how big it is by default. You can change that option if you go to: Motion, Preferences, Project and then change " Scale to Canvas Size." Hope this helps.

Stephen Smith
Salt Lake Video

Check out my DVD Money Making Graphics & Effects for Final Cut Studio 2

Return to posts index

latisha Willis
on Jan 17, 2009 at 1:19:39 am

Thanks Stephen,
The preferences are set to scale to canvas size but the image still seems huge. It's also as thought the layers are on top of one another so it's kind of a jumbled mess. Please help.

Latisha

Return to posts index

latisha Willis
on Jan 17, 2009 at 1:17:13 am

Thanks for responding, I didn't see import as composition so I tried import as project. The scale was still too large. The overlays seemed to fit the canvas ok. However the image wasn't there. I am missing the import as composition command?

Latisha

Return to posts index

latisha Willis
on Jan 17, 2009 at 1:22:35 am

I also downloaded Gimp as you suggested in a similar post but received a message that it was an invalid file type (CMYK).

Latisha

Return to posts index

Arnie Schlissel
on Jan 17, 2009 at 6:52:13 pm

[latisha Willis] "I don't have photoshop."

I can't recommend Photoshop strongly enough. I don't know how anyone made movies or videos before photoshop. It's one of the most useful utility programs for post that I know of.

I've used PS to cut mattes, make titles, background elements, etc. PS Extended even lets you open up a video file to paint or use PS filters on individual frames.

Oh, you can also use it to resize photos & change the colorspace.

Arnie

Post production is not an afterthought!
http://www.arniepix.com/

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Jan 19, 2009 at 4:31:07 pm

Have whomever sent you the CMYK Photoshop file as a RGB file.

Stephen Smith
Salt Lake Video

Check out my DVD Money Making Graphics & Effects for Final Cut Studio 2

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]