FORUMS: list search recent posts

"smoking" a graphic in motion

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ramon Montoya
"smoking" a graphic in motion
on Jan 7, 2009 at 6:27:40 pm

Hey folks,

Hopefully I can describe what it is I'd like to achieve. I have a graphic that looks like a branding iron and what I would like to do is make it look like smoke. As if the the branding iron burns into wood and the smoke coming off of the wood is in shape of the graphic. I've tried messing with the opacity and colors and using the particle generator but it still looks to solid. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Ramon Montoya

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
Re: "smoking" a graphic in motion
on Jan 7, 2009 at 11:45:01 pm

Are you talking about making the text look like it was burned into the wood. I would add a gradient to the text and then play with the blend modes. As for the smoke I would mess around with one of the Live Fonts like Fogwriter or something. Hope this helps.

Stephen Smith
Salt Lake Video

Check out my DVD Money Making Graphics & Effects for Final Cut Studio 2

Return to posts index

Ramon Montoya
on Jan 8, 2009 at 12:01:55 am

Stephen,

Thanks for the response. It's not text I'm trying to smoke it's an actual graphic. I've used your technique for the text and that looks great but what I'm trying to do is make the graphic look like smoke. Is there
a way to use the particle generator to achieve this or should I just motion blur the heck out of it until I get my desired look?

Thanks!

Ramon

Ramon P. Montoya
rpablomontoya@gmail.com

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Jan 8, 2009 at 6:38:32 pm

I think this is the fastest and easiest way. Use the Bezier Tool and create the shape of your logo. Add a Particle such as "Basic Smoke". F4 for the Emitter tab. Shape = Geometry. Drag the shape you created into the Shape source well. Disable the shape so you no longer see it. The particle will conform to the shape you created.

PS. You can do Image instead of Geometry but..."Particles emerge from within an area defined by an image or from only the edges of the image. The image may or may not have an alpha channel. If it does, the shape of the alpha channel can also be used to define the emitter shape. The Image shape displays additional parameters."

Hope this helps.

Stephen Smith
Salt Lake Video

Check out my DVD Money Making Graphics & Effects for Final Cut Studio 2

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]