FORUMS: list search recent posts

What Filter Should I Use?

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brandon Williams
What Filter Should I Use?
on Dec 18, 2008 at 11:27:56 am

Hi,

I'm trying to design a poetry piece and I want to give the video a certain feel. I'm not sure what filters i need to use to give it that certain feel I want.. Heres an example of what i mean..this is almost exactly what I'm going for:

http://vimeo.com/1891426

If anyone can help me i would greatly appreciate it..Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
Re: What Filter Should I Use?
on Dec 18, 2008 at 3:16:36 pm

There is a lot of things happing in this video. What specifically did you want to mimic?

Stephen Smith
Salt Lake Video

Check out my DVD Money Making Graphics & Effects for Final Cut Studio 2

Return to posts index

Brandon Williams
on Dec 18, 2008 at 4:22:46 pm

well specifically i wanted to make the video I have look like the guy thats rapping the song. I'm just curious as to how he changed the video to look like that.

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Dec 18, 2008 at 5:07:17 pm

I would mess around with the Stylize Filters, like the Vectorize Color, Edge Work or Line Art.

I just ran a test by doing a color key on the color I didn't want. Added a Matte magic to smooth it out. Duplicated the clip and deleted those two filters and then added the Edge Work to the clip on top and it looked pretty cool.

Stephen Smith
Salt Lake Video

Check out my DVD Money Making Graphics & Effects for Final Cut Studio 2

Return to posts index

Brandon Williams
on Dec 18, 2008 at 9:41:19 pm

ok cool...i was thinking the vectorize color filter was maybe the closest to it but once i keyed the color out and everything it did look a lot better. Thanks alot

Return to posts index

Jim Johnson
on Dec 18, 2008 at 11:34:35 pm

Howdy,

The person rapping might have been keyed, or could just be against a even background. Threshold has been applied, then the result was colorized and blended in with the background comp. Nothing vectorized.

Return to posts index

Ben Avechuco
on Dec 19, 2008 at 6:00:21 am

If we assume it is a Chroma Key off of a background, it looks to me like you could then do a luminance key, for the shape, then tint the image of the person for the first dark tone, then add another layer on top of that with the luminance key adjusted, and tinted just a bit lighter. All of this on a bright background.

Return to posts index

Brandon Williams
on Dec 21, 2008 at 1:10:50 am

ok thanks guys i really appreciate it..i'll try all of these methods and see what the best result is. I'm still in Pre-production for my project but i'll do some test runs to perfect it like i want.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]