FORUMS: list search recent posts

Hop Hop thump effect?

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ian Kibbe
Hop Hop thump effect?
on Dec 16, 2008 at 1:10:58 am

Hey guys,

I was watching a video the other day and saw that "thump" like effect that sorta looks like a quick zoom in and out, but I was wondering if that was all it is, or if there is something more going on. I'm not at my comp. so can't check it out, but i looked online a bit and couldn't find any info related to this specifically.

you can see an example of it here.

NSFW!

anyway, any thoughts?

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Hop Hop thump effect?
on Dec 16, 2008 at 4:02:56 pm

You could do that by attaching an oscillate + random behavior to the scale settings of the video. You can then easily tune to the level of speed you want. Beware on zooming too far in, as you'll be going past 100% of you source footage resolution and some degradation may show. Unless this is HD in an SD project in which case it's less of an issue. Oh and excuse me, there's a wind blowing and I was eating grapes...

Noah

Check out My My FCP Blog and my new RED Blog. Unlock the secrets of the DVX100, HVX200 and Apple Color.
Now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook,
DVD Studio Pro and How to Light Interviews.
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

david bogie
on Dec 16, 2008 at 5:24:16 pm

Good lord, that hurt.
Couldn't tell if the bump was synced to a discernible audio hump. I'd use Magnify instead of Scale and maybe even a bit of Optic Compensation along with just enough motion blur or CC Force Motion Blur to be subtle yet visible.
Magnify will let you vary the center, similar to Scale and offsetting the anchor point.

Just be careful you don't over work this effect.

bogiesan

Return to posts index

Mike Long
on Apr 27, 2009 at 7:34:10 pm

I'm also trying to generate a video thump effect during heavy base parts of music, like in the Jizz in my Pants video, or like in Rihanna's umbrella at about the 41 second mark:

I'm using Final Cut Pro and I tried to find the scale or magnify settings as mentioned in the two answers to this post. I wasn't able to find those settings.

Is there a way using Final Cut Pro to make this effect?

Thanks!

Mike Long

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]