FORUMS: list search recent posts

Shards of Glass Picture Effect

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Benjamin Daines
Shards of Glass Picture Effect
on Dec 11, 2008 at 12:00:28 am

Hello, I am trying to put together a credits sequence with pictures that are sliced up (already have this part done in photoshop saved as psd files) as if they were on pieces of broken glass. I would like them to quickly move into a central point (completing the picture), then have them slowly drift past over each other, then after a bit have them quickly break apart while spinning on their X and Y axis while moving back into the 3D space and fade away. Any idea on how to do this?

--Thanks so much.

Return to posts index

Benjamin Daines
Re: Shards of Glass Picture Effect
on Dec 11, 2008 at 3:06:43 pm

If this is not possible in Motion, could you recommend another application to use? After Effects?

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Dec 11, 2008 at 5:48:57 pm

If you want 3D glass like in the Max Payne open you will need to go with a 3D program. If you don't want to rotate your glass in 3D space it could be done in AE or Motion.

Stephen Smith
Salt Lake Video

Check out my DVD Money Making Graphics & Effects for Final Cut Studio 2

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Dec 11, 2008 at 9:53:11 pm

You may want to take a look at the glass on the Compositor's ToolKit.

Stephen Smith
Salt Lake Video

Check out my DVD Money Making Graphics & Effects for Final Cut Studio 2

Return to posts index

david bogie
on Dec 13, 2008 at 5:03:49 pm

AE has Shatter and there's a preset for Glass. It's wonderful and has surface reflectivity. But it has no refraction or transmission settings. For those, as Stephen says, you must have a 3D modeler.

But setting up your idea in Shatter won't be easy as it is designed to run all of its physics simulations forward from a static state. Making thing assemble instead of blow up is almost impossible. The parameters just aren't designed that way.

Never seen the movie you guys are referring to so I don't know what those credits are supposed to look like.

bogiesan

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]