FORUMS: list search recent posts

Enough of Motion

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jesus silva
Enough of Motion
on Dec 9, 2008 at 7:54:31 pm

For the ten time motion has quit, froze, beach ball. I have reinstall the whole final cut studio 2, no luck, trash preferences, no luck.

I have install the latest update quicktime, and video card drivers.

My system:
MAC PRO quad 2.6
8GB Ram
ATI x1900 XT
Leopard 10.5.5

I have done many search about the related issue but the seem to be no clear answer jet.

I am considering switching to AE.

Return to posts index

Dan Atkinson
Re: Enough of Motion
on Dec 9, 2008 at 8:48:24 pm

Well, Motion is a little...'Glitchy'. You either get used to it and find work arounds so you can take advantage of it's brilliant user interface, realtime playback and massive content library or save your pennies and shell out on AE, which, to be fair, is pretty rock solid.

Dan Atkinson

Creative Director

MediaBaby

Manchester, UK

http://www.mediababy.co.uk

Return to posts index

Winston A. Cely
Re: Enough of Motion
on Dec 10, 2008 at 3:27:40 am

For me, I've found that the only way to use Motion effectively is to learn the keyboard shortcuts, have NOTHING else running, and only one monitor. I have a similar setup to yours except mine is a Quad 3 and Motion is still extremely buggy. I have one 30" ACD, and now that I've learned the shortcuts for my most often used tasks (thank you Apple Pro Training Series book!) I can actually have iTunes, QuickTime, and FCP open as I work. However, I don't suggest having those apps open, knowing the keyboard short cuts have made it easier for me to doing things before the system boggs down and gets buggy.

Winston A. Cely
Editor/Owner | Della St. Media, LLC

Sound it out: Nu-clear, not nu-cu-lar.

Mac Pro 3GHz Dual-Core Intel Xeon
4 GB RAM | Final Cut Studio 5.1.4 | Aja Kona LHe

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]