FORUMS: list search recent posts

iMac 24" vs Mac Pro

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joe Martinez
iMac 24" vs Mac Pro
on Nov 28, 2008 at 7:09:01 am

This has probably been asked before but here it goes...

I am design student about a year from graduating,working quite often in Final Cut Studio, especially Motion and Final Cut Pro. I also will begin working with Maya next semester a bit. I want to know if there are marked performance differences between the lower end model of the Mac Pro and the high end version of the iMac 24"? Saving a minute or two during rendering is not important, but on campus I have noticed that when working in Motion, our iMacs begin to crash/stuggle when I start doing more complex 3D work. The higher level classes are using Mac Pros, and I want to know: Is there anything I can do to max out an iMac or should I just go for it and get the Mac Pro. I hope to do more high end work this summer, hopefully starting to take on real world clients, editing much more HD footage. Thanks for the help!

Return to posts index

david bogie
Re: iMac 24" vs Mac Pro
on Nov 28, 2008 at 5:36:02 pm

Huge differences but they may be acceptable to you if cost is you major consideration instead of the tremendous limitations of the iMac platform.
The topic comes up weekly around here, scrolling down a few pages or searching for iMac will get most of the threads quickly.

bogiesan

This is my standard sigfile so do not take it personally: "For crying out loud, read the freakin' manual."

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]