FORUMS: list search recent posts

Keying multiple clips in Motion

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeff Green
Keying multiple clips in Motion
on Nov 17, 2008 at 2:03:13 am

I'm an FCP editor who's never used Motion. But I need to do so in order to do a bunch of green screen work, as FCP's keyer isn't up to the task with this footage. I followed a tip from Larry Jordan about how to send a clip from FCP to Motion, get a great key, and have it show up back in my FCP timeline. Works great for that one clip. But I have a hundred similar clips in my timeline (drawn from dozens of long master clips). Wondering if there's an easy way to replicate the settings I created for that one test clip so it can be applied batch-style on each of the other clips in my timeline. Doing it one at a time would take forever.

I'm using Motion 3.02 in FCP 6.02 (Studio 2). Appreciate any advice

Return to posts index

Peter Wiggins
Re: Keying multiple clips in Motion
on Nov 17, 2008 at 10:46:32 pm

Save as a template?

Peter

Return to posts index

Jeff Green
on Nov 17, 2008 at 11:22:03 pm

As I said, I've never used Motion before, and merely followed a few simple steps recommended for pulling a quick clean key. If you're suggesting that the answer to my question about applying settings I created for that clip, to be able to apply them to multiple clips in one fell swoop -- is by creating a template -- could you tell me how I create one, and most importantly how I apply it to the other clips.

Thanks.

----

Peter Wiggins
"Save as a template?

Return to posts index

Darnell Peacock
on Nov 18, 2008 at 6:47:11 pm

Hi Jeff,
If I understand your question... Have you tried control clicking all the clips at once, then sending them to Motion? Then you can copy the setting to each clip. This may not be the best thing for doing hundreds of them, but you can at least do a large amount at one time.

Good luck.

N. Darnell Peacock
http://www.actiontemplates.com - Motion 3 Templates

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]