simple drawing animations

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ann edwards
simple drawing animations
on Nov 15, 2008 at 4:04:16 am

Hi

I am very new to Motion

I am creating several sequences in FCP and using motion to create some animated graphics (I'm in rather a learning curve, so it's all quite hard) I cannot figure out if there is an easy way to animate a drawing. Ideally I would like to draw something in paint (using a tablet) and then be able to animate it using the record button or some keyframing process.

It is a drawing of a human figure repeating a very simple move. I guess I could draw individual frames in photoshop and then import into FCP and cut together, but would like to learn what can be done in MOtion.

thanks
d

Return to posts index

david bogie
Re: simple drawing animations
on Nov 17, 2008 at 8:54:13 pm

[deborah edmeades] "It is a drawing of a human figure repeating a very simple move. I guess I could draw individual frames in photoshop and then import into FCP and cut together, but would like to learn what can be done in MOtion. "

Give yourself some credit. Motion is really hard to grasp. I never do anything inside Motion that I can accomplish more efficiently or with less frustration elsewhere.

bogiesan

This is my standard sigfile so do not take it personally: "For crying out loud, read the freakin' manual."

Return to posts index

ann edwards
Re: simple drawing animations
on Nov 17, 2008 at 11:41:50 pm

Thanks

Actually I have been grappling with it and figuring out how to do it, the simple animation was just the first layer of what I wanted to do... I am totally in love with Motion right now!
d

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]