FORUMS: list search recent posts

Photos, tracks, and templates ... Oh My!

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jennifer Arani
Photos, tracks, and templates ... Oh My!
on Nov 14, 2008 at 11:44:36 pm

Hello Everyone!

I will need to bulid some templates to show case events.

Currently I have to send the photos to iphoto and the export as a movie. I would like to skip this step. Is there any way to drop 20+ photos on ONE track without using the Iphoto step?

If I make a template for an event can I add a drop zone like the ones in the templates? If so how do I do that? Can anyone send me a link for the tutorial?

Thanks

JA

Return to posts index

Alan Smith
Re: Photos, tracks, and templates ... Oh My!
on Nov 16, 2008 at 2:09:23 pm

[Jennifer Arani] "Is there any way to drop 20+ photos on ONE track without using the Iphoto step?"

Not quite sure what you mean here. Are you wanting to have 20 photos in motion project or in a single group? To animate? Not clear what you are looking to do.

[Jennifer Arani] "can I add a drop zone like the ones in the templates?"

To add a dropzone, click Object>New Dropzone.

Alan

Alan Smith
Media317

Check out my blog - http://media317.com

Return to posts index

Jennifer Arani
on Nov 17, 2008 at 4:07:59 pm

Thanks for your help
what I meant by:
"Is there any way to drop 20+ photos on ONE track without using the Iphoto step?"

When you bring in more than 1 photo. I creates a group but it drops the photos on more than one track. So instead of, lets say 5 photos 1+1+1+1+1 it creates 1 group with 5 tracks and each photos is 10 sec long. What I wanted to know is how to bring the 5 photos in and have them be on the same track.
Currently we put the photos in Iphoto and create a slideshow movie we put the movie into motion. I want to remove this step from the process.

Does that help?

Return to posts index

Peter Wiggins
on Nov 17, 2008 at 6:15:32 pm

Don't know if this will help but might be worth a try:-

http://peterwiggins.com/content/view/13/33/

Then lasso the lot & export to Motion???

Peter

Return to posts index

Jennifer Arani
on Nov 17, 2008 at 6:34:24 pm

Thanks for the info.
Unfortunately it is only subbing on extra step with another. looks like the iphoto slide show is my only option

Return to posts index

Jennifer Arani
on Nov 17, 2008 at 6:45:12 pm

Thanks for your help guys but my 3rd party generator that was suppose to apply the ken burns effect does not work. Looks like Iphoto is the fastest way to create slideshows with ken burns.

If you think of something better please let me know.

Return to posts index

Alan Smith
on Nov 17, 2008 at 8:00:22 pm

You are correct! iPhoto is the quickest way to create a basic slideshow using the Ken Burns Effect. It is automatic and smooth. You can't beat it. I always use iPhoto when I want to do a basic slideshow. If I want to create something a bit higher quality with more moves and 3D, I use Motion.

Alan

Alan Smith
Media317

Check out my blog - http://media317.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]