FORUMS: list search recent posts

Seperating a layer from a camera

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Max Rosenfeld
Seperating a layer from a camera
on Nov 12, 2008 at 12:18:04 am

hello,
I am working on a motion graphic in 3D with one camera. the graphic has text masked with video as a fill, that zooms out (through the camera). The question i have is how do i go about making it so when I zoom out with the camera, the video layer is not effected by the camera movement?
if you need me to get more specific just let me know.

Thanks a lot,
Max

Return to posts index

Alan Smith
Re: Seperating a layer from a camera
on Nov 12, 2008 at 3:06:38 pm

[Max Rosenfeld] "how do i go about making it so when I zoom out with the camera, the video layer is not effected by the camera movement?"

You either make the layers 2D or make sure the video and mask have the same z space coordinate so they respond to the camera movement exactly the same.

Alan

Alan Smith
Media317

Check out my blog - http://media317.com

Return to posts index

Max Rosenfeld
on Nov 12, 2008 at 7:48:43 pm

Is there any way it is possible to just tell the camera what layers you want it to effect? here is a link to it so you know wat i mean.

thanks

Return to posts index

Alan Smith
on Nov 13, 2008 at 6:57:41 pm

Camera movement does not effect 2D layers. Make your video layer 2D and everything else 3D and your camera moves will only effect the 3D layers.

Alan

Alan Smith
Media317

Check out my blog - http://media317.com

Return to posts index

Max Rosenfeld
on Nov 13, 2008 at 9:42:56 pm

I agree i think that would work, but i would need to do it to the entire group, which includes the masked text layers that are connected to the video layers. is there any way to do it to only the video layers and not affect the masks?

thankyou

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]