FORUMS: list search recent posts

video import tips

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bill Nelson
video import tips
on Nov 3, 2008 at 7:55:31 pm

Greetings all, just getting up and running w/Motion. I shoot P2 and have been using my Media Composer system to good effect. When importing exported clips from either MC or FCP, my clips arrive in Motion w/o a field preference and usually look quite 'stuttery' for lack of a better word. I select 'Lower Field' in the properties tab for each clip, and it looks somewhat better, but I'm not satisfied. I'm using a 720x480 clip aspect ratio for the Motion project to match footage (DV50) coming from the P2 material. I'm using an AJA Kona card for interlaced preview out of Motion.

I'm certain there are some settings I need to tweak to achieve the silky-smooth interlaced results I enjoy straight out of either Media Composer or FCP. What are those? Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Bill Nelson
Re: video import tips
on Nov 3, 2008 at 8:38:25 pm

complicating this issue is the fact that I shot anamorphic 16:9 footage and am editing into a 4:3 master. In Avid, I just throw down a 'Pan and Scan' effect and I'm in business. I'm sure there's a corollary fix in FCP. Is it in the 'motion' tab? set an aspect ratio there? Simple questions... sorry.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]