FORUMS: list search recent posts

Maverick Fonts

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tom Brooks
Maverick Fonts
on Nov 2, 2008 at 3:09:04 pm

I've got six simple text layers. One is a different color and has a grow/shrink applied to it, for a subtle emphasis. Arial font.

When rendered in Final Cut, a single letter in the growing line jumps up a line for one frame and then drops back down with its neighbors. Being a maverick may be admired in politics but rogue hopping letters are unacceptable in my projects.

When it happens, it's always only one letter of the alphabet, but all instances of that letter in the line hop. They can also move sideways rather than vertically, but it's a one-pixel move.

What is with Motion and maverick letters? I've never seen a letter with a mind of its own in After Effects for example. Is it too much to ask for a little conformity here?

Sequence is DV, p23.98, widescreen. Rendering set to Normal.

Final Cut Pro 6.0.4, Mac OS-X 10.5.5, Quicktime 7.5, Adobe Prod Prem CS3, G5 Quad 2.5, Kona-LHe V6, 8.5GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce 7800-GT 256MB, G-RAID 2x1TB FW800, 6TB RAID-5 (Enhance E8-ML, Highpoint 2322), Panasonic HVX-200P P2. Also MBP 17" Core 2 Duo 2.5, 4GB, GeForce 8600M GT 512MB.

Return to posts index

Peter Wiggins
Re: Maverick Fonts
on Nov 3, 2008 at 12:07:29 am

Have you tried switching on fixed resolution?

Peter

Return to posts index

Tom Brooks
Re: Maverick Fonts
on Nov 3, 2008 at 12:26:06 am

No. I didn't think of that. I'll give it a try. Although, this is a pretty simple comp and the effects don't go beyond the edges of the group. Maybe a little.
-Tom

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]