FORUMS: list search recent posts

Image Masks in Motion

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Dowd
Image Masks in Motion
on Oct 30, 2008 at 2:16:27 pm

Hey,

How do I add a custom image mask to a video clip?
I thought I could just make a BW image (or a BW image with an alpha mask) and drag it into the mask source.
I am not sure what I am doing wrong.

Thanks

Return to posts index

Alan Smith
Re: Image Masks in Motion
on Oct 30, 2008 at 8:51:15 pm

[Mark Dowd] "How do I add a custom image mask to a video clip?"

If you are simply wanting to mask out an object or area in a single video clip, load the clip into a group. Click on the Mask Tool (Option B for the bezier mask tool) and begin to mask out the object. Once you complete the mask, you will have a tab called Mask in the Inspector that you use to make adjustments to the mask.

You can also create a shape, whether using the bezier tool or the shapes in the library and use that as a mask by making it an image mask. Place your clip in a group and then create a new group and place your shape in Group 2. Highlight your clip in Group 1 and control-click or right mouse click and select image mask. In your inspector you will have a well for the shape in Group 2. Click on the shape in Group 2 (not the Group) and drag it to the well in the Inspector. Turn off Group 2.

Alan

Alan Smith
Media317

Check out my blog - http://media317.com

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
Re: Image Masks in Motion
on Nov 10, 2008 at 10:29:29 pm

The Creative COW tutorial "Creating a Hologram" is a resource that will show you how to create an image mask.

Stephen Smith
Salt Lake Video

Check out my DVD Money Making Graphics & Effects for Final Cut Studio 2

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]