FORUMS: list search recent posts

Make an Object Explode

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brian Ramish
Make an Object Explode
on Oct 30, 2008 at 6:10:23 am

I wanted to know if there is any way to make a object explode in Motion 3...

for example i have this crystal ball...and i keyframed it to come from the top and hit the floor but i cant find the filter/behavior/particle emitter to do that.

everytime i make it into a particle, all it does is explode the whole image...instead of little bits and peices it showed like 1000 crystal balls..

or is there another way of doing this?....

Return to posts index

Alan Smith
Re: Make an Object Explode
on Oct 31, 2008 at 1:32:46 pm

You should use the particle replicator, but use a particle other than your crystal ball. In Library>Content>Particle Images there are a few irregularly shaped objects that would resemble fractured glass when flying through space.

I was able to create a believable fracture of a glass vase using the Geo10 particle and adjusting the Cell Controls for all different kinds of Randomness in Speed, Life, Angle, Spin and Scale. I used a Point Shape with 3D turned on and had the particle emit in all directions. When the vase hits the ground the particles emit from that point and expand outward randomly. Set the Initial number to a high value and set birth rate to zero so that once the fracture occurs, you aren't getting more particles emitting from an object that does not exist.

Alan

Alan Smith
Media317

Check out my blog - http://media317.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]