FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio Parameter Behaviour issues

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jimi Lund
Audio Parameter Behaviour issues
on Oct 10, 2008 at 5:14:05 pm

Hi,

I'm trying to apply the audio parameter behaviour to an image,so it changes scale to the beat of some music.
This is the first time i've tried using this effect and my issue is that I don't get an audio graph displayed when I drag the audio track into the well.
Do I need to use a specific type of audio file? I tried MP3 but had no joy, then tried an AIFF at 44.1khz and 32 bit. Still no audio graph, despite the audio playing, in my Behaviours tab, but I am unable to isolate the part of the audio i'd like to use.
Any ideas why?

Return to posts index

david bogie
Re: Audio Parameter Behaviour issues
on Oct 10, 2008 at 8:40:58 pm

If you can hear the file in the comp, you can use it as a parameter behavior. However, I can't tell from your post if yo have done this before. If not, the procedure is more complicated than you might think. Go through the manual very carefully, step by step.

sorry, I'm not at my motion machine or I'd try to help you directly.

bogiesan

This is my standard sigfile so do not take it personally: "For crying out loud, read the freakin' manual."

Return to posts index

Jimi Lund
on Oct 11, 2008 at 3:14:17 pm

I've seen this effect done in a video tutorial. It's the 1st time i've used it.
I read the manual before posting on here.
To be honest, it doesn't strike me as a particularly difficult effect and at present what i'm getting is the track playing fine. The image scales to the track too, to a beat of the track.

What I can't do is see anything in the audio graph to allow me to isolate the part of the track that i'd like the image to scale to.

Has anyone else experienced this too?

Return to posts index

david bogie
on Oct 13, 2008 at 3:33:25 pm

[Jimi Lund] "I've seen this effect done in a video tutorial. It's the 1st time i've used it.
I read the manual before posting on here.
To be honest, it doesn't strike me as a particularly difficult effect and at present what i'm getting is the track playing fine. The image scales to the track too, to a beat of the track.

What I can't do is see anything in the audio graph to allow me to isolate the part of the track that i'd like the image to scale to.

Has anyone else experienced this too?"

Ah, so you really know what you're doing in Motion, who knew? On the Internet, no one can tell you're not a complete tyro.

But, no, I have not experienced this problem of yours. When I drop an audio clip into the well, it works as expected but only once all the settings are properly in place.

bogeisan

This is my standard sigfile so do not take it personally: "For crying out loud, read the freakin' manual."

Return to posts index

Jimi Lund
on Oct 14, 2008 at 9:21:44 pm

Thanks, that was incredibly helpful.

One confused "tyro".

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]