FORUMS: list search recent posts

Text tiny and upside down - any ideas?

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul Escandon
Text tiny and upside down - any ideas?
on Oct 8, 2008 at 4:40:41 pm

Hey - I've been working on a Motion Project with 4 video/still layers. It's pretty simplistic - 2D layers only. I've always taken text for granted but I'm experiencing something weird. When I select the text tool and start typing - my text is microscopic (almost invisible) and when I blow it up to the max size it's still not very big - but it is also upside down. I can drag the bottom handles up to flip it the right way - but I'm still limited in the size I can get when I max that property all the way out. Any ideas what's going on? I've tried different fonts - right now I'm just trying it with the basic arial.

I started a new project just to see if it was my system and in the new project with a text layer there are no problems. I open up this project again and the problem persists.

It's an HD 1920x1080 project - using Motion 3. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Return to posts index

Ian Smith
Re: Text tiny and upside down - any ideas?
on Oct 8, 2008 at 6:06:57 pm

I would start by checking simple and easy to overlook places:

First, make sure in the text property, your font size is set proper. Anywhere over 24 should be visible. You can manually type in any number larger too. Type "text" and set it to 400 and it should fill the canvas if everything else is normal.

Second, check the Inspector, properties... and make sure your text is actually set to 100% size.

Third, and also very easy to overlook...make sure your not utilizing the Z deminsion, there by pushing your text WAY BACK and in the distance. If that happens you can make drastic increases in text size, and see very little difference because it's a mile off in the distance.

Those are the more obvious things to check that are easy to overlook. I hope that helps.

Ian

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]