FORUMS: list search recent posts

exporting audio

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Clara Gordon
exporting audio
on Oct 7, 2008 at 8:55:43 am

Hello!

Are there any way of exporting a motion project in another format different from ".mov" ? (without using the compressor). I've exported a project (.mov), and later I've tried to open it in Adobe Premiere, but the Premiere only reads the image, and not the audio, so then I have my project without any sound! I don't know if the solution would be in Motion or in Premiere...

Thanks!

Clara.

PD: also would be good to export an audio file from Motion.

Return to posts index

david bogie
Re: exporting audio
on Oct 7, 2008 at 2:55:03 pm

The Premiere is on the PC?

le bogiesan

This is my standard sigfile so do not take it personally: "For crying out loud, read the freakin' manual."

Return to posts index

Clara Gordon
on Oct 7, 2008 at 5:38:32 pm

No, it's not. The Premiere is in another pc.

Return to posts index

david bogie
on Oct 8, 2008 at 3:45:48 pm

We're having a severe translation error and a culture disconnect.
Compressor is an Appel product. "the compressor" might refer to any application. PC is generally a Windows-based computer in the States but PC is generic enough in the rest of the world to refer to any computer, including Macintosh.
bogiesan

This is my standard sigfile so do not take it personally: "For crying out loud, read the freakin' manual."

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Oct 8, 2008 at 4:25:08 pm

First figure out what the PC can handle. The simplest would be .MOV using uncompressed. That will import into any editing app on a PC. You simply go File>Export and then click on QuickTime options to select uncompressed.

Also don't be afraid to use Compressor. Quality is the same, just more format options.

As for the Audio- Motion is an animation program first with limited audio options. If you are having audio issues, simply open the file in FCP or in QuickTime Player and export the audio as a separate .WAV or .AIF file and then the person using Premiere can line it up with the image.

Noah

My FCP Blog. Unlock the secrets of the DVX100, HVX200 and Apple Color and Win a Free Letus Extreme.
Now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, DVD Studio Pro and Sound for Film and TV.
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]