FORUMS: list search recent posts

LiveType

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Barry Holden
LiveType
on Oct 2, 2008 at 4:50:14 am

I am an Architect so i do not know exactly which program to use. I need to create a video projection which will be able to project a moving and changing line of type which will follow the border of a rectangular shape such as the edge of a table.Can I do this with LiveType? Or is there a better and simpler way to do this? Any help is appreciated.
Barry Holden

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
Re: LiveType
on Oct 2, 2008 at 3:22:04 pm

If you want an image/text to follow something in a clip you shot you want to use Motion, it has a Motion Tracking feature that rocks.

Stephen Smith
Salt Lake Video

Check out my DVD Money Making Graphics & Effects for Final Cut Studio 2

Return to posts index

david bogie
Re: LiveType
on Oct 2, 2008 at 4:05:02 pm

LiveType is a text animation creation tool.
Motion is a compositor.
You will create your text animation effects in Livetype and export it or render it as a movie.
You'll bring this movie into Motion along with your shot of the table. Assuming the shot of the table is static, you can use Motion's 3d system to map the Livetype movie onto the edge fo the table. If the shot of the table is moving, you wikll need motion tracking to pin the LT movie to the moving table.

I would never hire a vide guy to design an office building. I'd hire and architect. You shodl hire a video guy.

bogiesan

This is my standard sigfile so do not take it personally: "For crying out loud, read the freakin' manual."

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]