FORUMS: list search recent posts

Text Looks Awful

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sean ONeil
Text Looks Awful
on Sep 26, 2008 at 12:09:01 am

I normally don't do titles in Motion, but had to for this particular project.

I'm using 3D controls to rotate the text. I trued multiple fonts (Arial, Helvetica, Monaco). It looks horrible no matter what. Jagged edges which cause flickering when they move. The letter "M" looks like two staircases.

The project and video I'm working with is progressive 480p 23.98. The video is 10-bit ProRes HQ. I've viewing on an external monitor via Kona 3.

I even tried doing the same thing in a 1080p project hoping for better results. But the larger the font, the crappier it looks. Is this normal for Motion? Do I have to create titles in Illustrator?

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
Re: Text Looks Awful
on Sep 26, 2008 at 1:11:14 pm

Crappy text is not normal in Motion, I create Killer titles all the time. In order to play the text in real time you are seeing a lower quality version. In the tool bar go up to "View", then select "Best" for Render Quality. Hope this helps.

Stephen Smith
Salt Lake Video

Check out my DVD Money Making Graphics & Effects for Final Cut Studio 2

Return to posts index

Sean ONeil
Re: Text Looks Awful
on Sep 26, 2008 at 6:55:56 pm

Thanks a million. I assumed that it would always render best quality when exporting it or sending it back to Final Cut. In fact even at "best", sending it to Final Cut is no good. But if I export it to a QT from Motion with "best" turned on then it works.

Sean

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]