FORUMS: list search recent posts

'Attracted to' question

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jack Sewell
'Attracted to' question
on Sep 25, 2008 at 4:13:32 pm

Hi,

I can't seem to work out how to designate what object the object I have applied the effect to, is attracted to. (wow, what a sentence!)

In the 'object' box, it says 'none' and there are no drop down menus or anything, I've tried to drag and drop into it. No joy.

Help!? :)

Many thanks.

Return to posts index

david bogie
Re: 'Attracted to' question
on Sep 25, 2008 at 5:43:31 pm

There are subtle limitations to the type of objects you can use for attractors. See the maul for that.
You're using an image well, Motion's catchall repository for layer and object references. I searched the Motion manual for IMAGE WELL and got these out of 65 hits:

Allows you to drag an object (usually a clip, still
image, or shape) to provide input data for a
type of effect. For example, a bump map filter
needs an image to provide the bumps, or a
Repel From behavior needs to know what
object from which to move away. An example
of an Image well is the Attracted To behavior’s
Object parameter.

Important: Several Simulation behavior parameters contain object wells into which
target objects used as attractors, repellers, orbiters, and so on, are dragged. Dragging
an object to a well may be tricky—be sure to click the object name in the Layers tab
and immediately drag the object to the object well (without releasing the mouse
button). The behavior must remain active even though you are dragging another
object in the Layers tab. If you click the object in the Layers tab and release the mouse
button, that object becomes selected, and the behavior’s parameters are no longer
displayed. This behavior is true of all wells, including mask source and image wells.

Important: Dragging an object to a well may be tricky—be sure to click the object
name in the Layers tab and immediately drag the layer to the Object well (without
releasing the mouse button). The behavior must remain active even though you are
clicking another object in the Layers tab. If you click the object you want to drag to the
Object well and then release the mouse button, that object becomes selected, and the
behavior’s parameters are no longer displayed. This is true of all wells, including Mask
Source and Image wells. To show the Orbit Around behavior parameters again, select
the Orbit Around behavior.

bogiesan

This is my standard sigfile so do not take it personally: "For crying out loud, read the freakin' manual."

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]